Friday, June 14, 2013

Dell Server, F1 to continue F2 to enter setup utility

System: PowerEdge700
Problem: Beeps really loud and says F1 to continue, F2 to enter setup with no reason why.

F1 will go straight to windows no problem.  Every reboot I get this beep and F1...F2...
After some searching I found out it was because I moved the drives from the onboard SATA to a PCI card so I could add more drives in the server.
I simply had to disable the onboard port I was not longer using.  The server was originally using 2 drives, in both the onboard SATA ports.  This could have saved me a ton of reboot headaches if I found it out sooner, that BEEP is really loud...

Oh, so to disable the port, hit F2 to get into the setup menu, then arrow down to the Sata Port you're no longer using, hit the Space bar to change it, then Space again to turn it off, then Esc out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...