Monday, December 14, 2015

Vizio soundbar is blinking 2 dots

Situation:
Vizio sound bar works. But all of a sudden, no sound.  The movie is playing fine, but no sound. On the sound bar itself, two indicator lights are blinking.
You've cycled through to make sure you on the right input, even checked the back of the soundbar to verify what number port you're in (indicator lights work in 2s. bottom two are input one, next two are input 2 and so on.)
Do you have the single bar? If so, you're like me. And the issue is the audio signal trying to do 5.1 or something.  Go into your audio settings (check device manual for specifics, your specific manual can be found here: www.google.com) and change the audio input.
All done.

12 comments:

  1. Had the same thing with 2 blinking lights when the optical input is selected. The new device I had just plugged in was outputting a format that the sound bar didn't support. Switched it back to also output stereo and then it worked again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This worked for me. New tv. Had to go and expert settings.

      Delete
    2. I’m having the same issue. What did you switch back to also output stereo?

      Delete
  2. Have an older VSB-200. Works sometimes then goes silent. Using Toslink cable and have replaced it. My second one of the same model has the same problem on this and other TVs used in the same location but works well on the TV in a different room. When it is not working the entire LED indicator lights with the first one rapidly flashing. Assuming that it is a trouble code but Vizio does not address this anywhere I have found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turn on the speaker and to the right blue lights come on then a red light blinks several times and it the whole thing shut it off

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about I just throw this POS away!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the problem on my Samsung. I changed the digital audio output from Dolby Digital to PCM. that fixed the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what was the exact issue you were facing. Because i think i am also facing something like this

      Delete

Getting RTL8812au passed to Virtualbox VM (Ubuntu)

There are no guarantees, I just write these notes so I can come back to them. First, get the dongle working on the host OS. After going thro...