Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dell Inspiron 600m won't boot

I recently had an Inspiron 600m that wouldn't boot.
Press the power button, nothing.
I had it plugged into power, and the battery charging light would illuminate.
After hitting the power button, the Power and Hard Drive lights would illuminate for a moment, and then shut off, leaving me with the battery charging light.

To get it to boot up again I did the following:
Removed AC and battery, held power for 15-20 seconds
Resat memory (I had 2 sticks so I just swapped them)
Replaced battery and plugged back into AC power and it started up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...