Monday, March 24, 2014

PDF save as FILE

Well, that's the best way I can describe what was happening when a user would save a PDF from outlook.  If you left the file name alone, it would save fine, if you change the file name, it saves it as FILE.  The file will open up fine if you tell windows to use adobe to open the file, but its not automatically doing it.
Turns out changing the name was erasing the file extension (.pdf) causing the file to save as a blank file type.
The system is running Windows 7 professional.
Purchased March of 2014 from Dell.
The system is "up to date" according to MS updates.
According to "Roady"
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-outlook/save-as-type-option-in-outlook-2007/852b4073-2814-4b0c-9cc1-39fd3337befa
This was a known issue that was fixed with SP2 and SP3
So I downloaded and installed Office 2007 SP3
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27838
Installed
and I am now able to "save as" PDFs from outlook as a different name, using the PDF format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...