Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sorry, Word Web App ran into a problem opening this document.

I've been working on documents on one drive pretty frequently.  I use the free onedrive account and all the word documents I use there were created in one drive, not uploaded.
Here's the problem, 1 document comes up with this error:

Sorry, Word Web App ran into a problem opening this document.  To view this document please open it in Microsoft Word.

Which I was able to do, so my data wasn't lost.  But I wanted to open it in browser so I could continue working on that file.

I was able to open up every other word document I created in one drive just fine.  This was happening in Chrome, Firefox and IE on two different computers.  Since downloading it worked, I know my data is still there and wasn't panicking too bad.

What I ended up doing to fix it was to create a share to the document with edit privileges, I copied that link and logged out of one drive.  Opened up the document and edited it, waited for the save to complete and closed out.  Logged back into OneDrive, and the document worked again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...