Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Activating office 2010, domain controller

So this blog is going to be a bunch of generic windows stuff I figure out at work that I had a pain in the ass time finding online.  Maybe my google-fu isn't as good as yours, but this blog isn't intended for you.  Its a repository of random crap I learned, maybe a blog isn't the best for this, but I'll lose word documents.

Activating Office 2010 on domain.
This is what I have found as a solution:

1)      At the command prompt, type in cd\ to get back to a C prompt.

2)      Type in the following script (32bit OS installs):  cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OSPP.VBS" /act

For whatever reason I've had issues doing that path, so I cd down to the folder, one folder at a time because I'm an uber noob.
cd "program files"
cd "microsoft office"
cd office14 (since its one word you don't need quotes! success)
so you end up with
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14>
Then you just type cscript ospp.vbs /act
Boom goes the dynamite
you'll get an output listing
SKU ID:
LICENSE NAME:
LICENSE DESCRIPTION:
Last 5 characters of installed product key:
<Product activation successful>
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
---Exiting---------------------------

I'm pretty sure my issue was with the quotes or not putting it into the command prompt, but I'll leave both ways on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...