Saturday, March 9, 2013

Flash error: tempInit

My full error was tempInit, Line 4 1086:Syntax error:expecting semicolon before me.







Usually I'll have some actionscripting by the time I get errors referencing lines, but at this point in my project all I had were buttons, so it was kinda driving me mad.  There was no line 4 in code, so I had no idea what was going on.
Turns out it was a button named "about me" apparently you can't have AS linkage with spaces in it.
And its not that it even really wanted a semicolon between About and Me, because that just threw even more errors.
So moral of the story, keep your AS linkage names one word.  Even if its screwyouASlinkage, as long as there aren't any spaces, you're good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting RTL8812au passed to Virtualbox VM (Ubuntu)

There are no guarantees, I just write these notes so I can come back to them. First, get the dongle working on the host OS. After going thro...