Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Before deleting E-Mail account containing your personal mail, contacts and calender data, you must create a new location for your data

Have you ever had the error:
"Before deleting E-Mail account containing your personal mail, contacts and calender data, you must create a new location for your data. To create a new data location, open the Account Settings dialog box, click the Data Files tab, and then click Add."
when trying to remove an exchange email account from Email Account?
Well I have.
Usually when I'm running my general outlook fix because there are random issues with outlook.
Well I googled my way to another answer.
When you get the error:
"Before deleting E-Mail account containing your personal mail, contacts and calender data, you must create a new location for your data. To create a new data location, open the Account Settings dialog box, click the Data Files tab, and then click Add."
Simply remove the profile.
When you go to the Mail applet, select Show Profiles, and remove the profile that is there. 

Also, You will have to create a new profile before adding the email account.

2 comments:

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...