Monday, October 14, 2013

Removing an entry from boot loader

I had a workstation setup with Server 2008 that I was running some testing on, somewhere along the line the computer became confused and thought multiple OS's were on the computer, but when looking at their partitions they were empty.  So I wanted to delete them.  Come to find out there is no boot.ini file, and that I have to go in through something called bcdedit.
So after some googling, I found the command I needed.
Bcdedit /delete {boot loader identifier}
Enter CMD as admin, and type BCDEDIT, this will give you the list of your boot loadersThe loader you're currently in is listed as {current}, if this is the load you want to keep, don't delete that one.
Located the identifiers and type them into the boot loader identifier portion of the above script.   Rinse and repeat as necessary.
Boom, all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...