Friday, April 15, 2016

Change Outlook menu font size

Change Outlook Menu Font Size without changing DPI or Resolution.

Environment:
Windows 7
Outlook 2007

We all know how to change all the fonts and Icons here:
But often that breaks other programs by making things too big to read, making things too big for their containers, etc.

I'm sure we've also gone and adjusted resolution, ending in occasionally disastrously blurry results.

On some walkthroughs, it says to change the text on the above display menu. As you can see, I have no option for that. Luckily, Mr Bojangles pointed me to my resolution:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/25050-increase-windows-7-font-size-without-increasing-dpi.html

Control panel, Appearance and Personalization, Personalization, Windows Color, Advanced appearance settings...


For Item, select Menu, and adjust Font Size to whatever the user likes.

Well, this has been a pain in the ass for me, working with... mature... users (blind as a bat doesn't seem PC). But now that I know how to change it properly, it should make my life, and theirs, a lot easier.

Hope this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...