Thursday, May 5, 2016

Configuring MDT for windows 10 deployment

In the technet article I ran into a problem pretty much right away.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/deploy/prepare-for-windows-deployment-with-mdt-2013

When creating the share, it wants you to powershell it with the following commands:
New-Item -Path E:\Logs -ItemType directory
New-SmbShare ?Name Logs$ ?Path E:\Logs -ChangeAccess EVERYONE
icacls E:\Logs /grant '"MDT_BA":(OI)(CI)(M)'

That second one doesn't work... unless you replace the ? with a -
New-SmbShare -Name Logs$ -Path E:\Logs -ChangeAccess EVERYONE

Then it creates it correctly.

Hope this helps, I'm new at powershell and this was incredibly frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...