Monday, June 12, 2017

Option 3: Configure a connector to send mail using Office 365 SMTP relay

Creating the "Option 3" connector for multi function printer scanners to scan to email using Office 365. I am using a Ricoh Aficio MP2852

The SMTP server is your MX endpoint (domain-com.mail.protection.outlook.com)
Port 25
TLS enabled

Administrator email I used a mail enabled account.

Add a Mail Flow connector.
Name it what it does and give a description.
Example:
Office Scanner.
Makes it so the scanner can scan to Office 365.

Select "By verifying that the IP address of the sending server matches one of the IP addresses that belong to your organization"
Hit the Plus and put in your local IP (google/bing "what is my IP")

This was getting the mail to Office 365, but it was failing SPF, if you're not checking SPF (you madman) you won't have this issue.

If you are, the next step made it work:
Exchange admin center
Protection
Connection Filter
Add local IP (google/bing "what is my IP") to Allowed IP Address

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...