Thursday, September 28, 2017

Cisco Anyconnect VPN Failed to get configuration from secure gateway

Out of the blue, users start getting these errors.
Failed to get configuration from secure gateway. Contact your system administrator.

AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway. Please try connecting again.
 

It turned out my certificate had expired, I found this out through another fix where you clear preferences.xml. After deleting that file and trying to connect, it pops up with the certificate and I saw it had just expired. While the certificate auto renews through GoDaddy, it doesn't on the ASA. I didn't update the certificate, we have a network guy that does that and he doesn't tell me how he does stuff.
I know he generated a CSR that I had to paste into GoDaddy. GoDaddy verified and issued the cert, and I downloaded the Apache version of the cert from GoDaddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...