Friday, September 15, 2017

something went wrong and outlook couldn’t set up your account. please try again. if the problem continues, contact your email administrator.

I got this error on a new install of Windows 10. I was also getting kb2566790 DNS errors with skype.
After going through some internet fixes (disabling IPv6, full reset of 10) to no avail, I was thinking it might just be the version of W10. A new 'nothing works' update or something.

After some trial and error, I tried adding the account under the local admin account. Worked fine. Added this specific user as a local admin and Skype no longer had the issue, and I was able to add the email account.

This particular user is part of a domain I don't manage within the same corporate umbrella. I'm guessing they have some dumb group policy or something. I didn't care to look, I just needed to get this user running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...