Monday, February 18, 2013

Error 1046:Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: (button reference)

I'm learning flash ActionScript and came across the error.
Error 1046:Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: (button reference)
Apparently it can be a lot of things.  For me, I had the "Instance Of" name matching the "Instance Name".  It took me a while, but I finally realized these names have to be different after talking it through with someone.  I hope this helps anyone else new to Action Script 3.0 with their similar headache.


The wrong way:
 The acceptable way:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...