Thursday, October 23, 2014

DL380 g4 no video

Situation:
A previously working DL380
Plan to add drives to raid, currently raid is 3 drives.

Added drives, no boot.
Drives spin up, green lights on everything, eventually it appears to boot to the previous raid drives.  New drives have no lights, old drives have green.  No video.
No POST beeps.
Looked online, reseated the PCI riser, no change.
Added PCI video card. nothing.

Looked for lose connections, nothing.
took it out of the rack and sat it on a desk and took another look inside.  One of the memory modules was lose on the corner closest to the faceplate so I couldn't see this when it was in the rack, the fans blocked it.
It wasn't popped out much.  The hold down clip was undone slightly.
I don't remember touching the memory, but I must have.

So if your DL380 looks like its working fine but you have no video.  Check memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...