Monday, May 11, 2015

Restart services the easy way and without end user interaction

Occasionally I've had to do a full ip release and renew to get things working again.  When I'm remoted in I've done the ipconfig /release and had to have the end use type in ipconfig /renew.
There's been a 'solution' to my 'problem' all along:
ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew

This will release the IP and renew the IP once the previous command completes.

This will also work if you have to do something like restart a spooler
net stop spooler && net start spooler

Or any other services that you have to stop start rather than just restart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...