Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Group policy is not applying even though it says it is applying

I map my drives via a group policy. That group policy maps different drives to different user groups via item level targeting. The drives are mapped via Update (vs Create/Replace/etc)
I had one user that was not mapping drives.
Checking on the DC, it listed the group policies that applied, including the one I needed.
gpresult /r also showed the policy was applying, even though the shared drives were not there.

I logged in as another user, and the new user mapped their drives.

Original user did not.

What I did to fix this:

netsh winsock reset

(this was done logged in as the user)

Dumb, right?
Well, it worked in my situation.

Domain level 2012
Computer Windows 10 1803
Group policy with item level targeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...