Saturday, February 9, 2019

Plex is offline or unreachable with Tomato and Plex

I was getting the old "Plex is offline or unreachable" message on my Vizio TVs, iPhone would oddly play any movie, but the home page would not load. Roku would not play anything.
I had recently loaded Tomato 1.28.0000 -3.5-140 k26ARM USB AIO-64k. Plex was working fine before the firmware flash.

After doing some digging, I went through forums of port forwarding, enabling UPnP and NAT-PMP, all with no help.

What ended up fixing the issue was a setting called Prevent DNS-rebind attacks, I took the checkmark out and I was able to use Plex on all my devices.

Advanced Settings>DHCP/DNS>Prevent DNS-rebind attacks

1 comment:

  1. Can I ask, was this setting on the server, your router or your TV?

    ReplyDelete

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...