Thursday, February 7, 2019

Openvas on ubuntu 18

I only needed to use Openvas, so I thought I'd do it on Ubuntu. I didn't need the other tools, and since this was going to be a VM in my environment, I didn't want all those tools floating around.
I found this cool article:
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-install-the-openvas-vulnerability-scanner-on-ubuntu-16-04/
It didn't work, so I did these things:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install PostgreSQL
sudo apt-get install openvas
sudo openvas-setup
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get redis
sudo service redis start
sudo openvas-start

fuck it, none of this worked.
I just loaded Kali.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samsung refrigerator not making ice

How I got my stupid fridge to work again. Normally, I press/hold the blue button till it chimes. Well that didn’t work this time. Darn. I re...